Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recycling Pallets - Outdoors Ideas

I don't have pallets come across my life often, or ever.  But I don't know people who do.  I also know that they recycle the pallets and for that I am grateful.  I kinda want to do some recycling of the pallets that I don't have.  In other words, I want to get some of those pallets that are destine to be recycle and play with them.  This has got to be a nice addition to my Little Bucket Garden.  Right?

Check out some of the ideas that I am considering for making an flower garden.


A vertical planter looks pretty neat and could fit in small spaces, placed on balconies, hung on a wall or even used as a screen to hide pipes or an ac unit.  There's just endless ideas.  Above you see one that comes from Mavis, One Hundred Dollars A Month guru. She is not only creative but has at least two green thumbs. 


From theinpiredroom.net, above is a really pretty free standing planter.  I really like the that this piece could be moved around, depending on weather.  


This planter is so plush that you don't even need to worry about damaged looking wood.  But then again, why would you?  Isn't that part of the fun with this?  Rustic and rough is what a pallet is all about. Click here for a great tutorial that shows how simple it is to build this piece.


If you are looking to add color to an area and the plants just aren't enough?  Check out these painted pallets.  And I guess you don't have to worry about ground space if you have an empty wall.  The possibilities are unlimited.  


 Don't want to go through the assembly of potting soil and fabric?  But still want to use the look of rustic wood?  Check out the simplicity of the hanging pots.  As plants grow, and you know they are not going to grow in the direction you planned, you can simple rearrange their position.  I love this.


Can you think of an easier or cheaper way to build a privacy screen or small wall?  I love that you can add a little color and life to the screen, and it look more like a planter than a functional piece. 

We have seen the big screen above, pallets hooked to walls, free standing planters in a variety of styles and now, why not just hang one!  This pic is from Kylee Baumle and shows just how beautiful this can be.


I can see how this could get pretty heavy, so be careful if this is one of the options you are considering. 

I will be walking around my home and attempt to find the best idea for myself.  When i get a couple of pallets home, I will show you just what I decide to do with them.  I have a feeling there will be more than one of these concepts involved.  

Check back for progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment