Monday, September 16, 2013

Small Solution for Big Problems of Flood Victims

One of the many problems that flood victims suffer from is the fact that their sewer systems have been compromised.  The water fills the sewers or the septic tanks and all types of creatures take up residence there.  Even as the homes are made livable once again, these unwanted pest will attempt to move in on your home.

There is a simple solution that will at least help.  Believe me, I know.  Not because of flooding but because I have scorpions and centipedes who live in my septic tank and they love coming up and into the sinks and tubs.  From there, who knows where else they travel to.  An issue that many flood victims will have is bugs and spider, especially roaches.  Thank goodness I don't have that problem.  And bugs will persist in flooded sewer systems for months after the water recedes.

Check this out -

Simple, inexpensive, and easily obtainable drain screens.  

When I first found these, they were at a Home Depot and I think I paid between $4 and $8 each for them, depending on size.  Then I found them at a dollar type store.  That didn't last long and they were gone and didn't come back.  Now, I just order them on line.  Check here for the bargain that you can find on Amazon.

If you have suffered from the floods or know of anyone who has, consider this item.  If you live in a flood area and didn't get hit by the water, maybe order some of these to distribute to your neighbors.  They will be more than a little thankful for this little gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment