Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Multi-tasking Your Sunscreen

     My little bucket garden was saved from hail damage by the sunscreen.  I have designed the screen layout to be multi - purpose.
 
        Living in the high deserts of Arizona, we only have about a month of really hot and dry weather before the monsoons hit.  A temporary sunscreen may be all that is necessary for sun protection.  But with the monsoons comes the hail.  As excited as I get when I see those little chunks of ice, the plants do not share my enthusiasm.  Thus, all season sunscreen that doubles as a hail protector.
     I have arranged the random cuts of sunscreen in a way that the plants will still get direct sun but not in the heat of the day.  Plenty of sun will shine around in the early day and the later afternoon.
But most of the hail will be slowed down considerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment