Saturday, May 4, 2013

Healthy Summer Snacks

When my kids were young, I was always looking for fun ways to present healthy snacks.  Too bad there was no Internet back then. My kids would have been so spoiled with the new treats I have found.  Now, I can share with my blogs and occasionally with my grand kids.

I practiced with this little cool treat for myself.  I love citrus so this really hit the spot.  I did find that using a little less water helped the stability of the jello.  Using the variety of flavors really adds to the visual appeal.

This next treat is great for year round but looks so like a picnic delight.  And who doesn't like apples?
This piece of art will be a bit more work than the jello slices but well worth the time.  Can you imagine how much a class room of kids would enjoy this assortment?


No comments:

Post a Comment