Saturday, October 19, 2013

Planning My Jack-O-Lantern

What will you do for your Jack-o-lantern this year?

I think I will trying something new this year.  Something that I have never tried and am pretty darn excited to do.  

Have you ever used a drill to make the Jack design?  Not me.  Check this out -


This looks so much easier than the carving routine and so cute too.  The possibilities are unlimited.  


I love the over all look of this combination of pumpkins, flowers and fall decorations.  Notice the pumpkins carry a message, applied with a drill.  


If you purchase a little clear bowl (the dollar stores carry them) about 2/3 the diameter of your pumpkin, you can cut the top just enough to hold the bowl.  Make sure your cut is a little wider at the top, narrower at the bottom to hold the bowl in place.  Plan on the fact that the pumpkin will shrink a little bit; cut accordingly.  

I suggest using a glow stick for the pumpkin so the heat of the candle doesn't effect the candy, or what every you decide to put in the bowl. 


Speakin' of glow sticks -

This is so neat.  Can you imagine the look on the little kids faces, who come to Trick or Treat, when they see their favorite ninja turtles at your door.  Simple as can be and with colored glow sticks, you have all the right colors. 


My heart lives on the beach even tho I physically live in the desert.  These Jack-o-lantern designs with the nautical theme belong on my front porch.  If I can't make it to he beach, I will bring a little beach to me.  Now I just need to find someone who is talented enough to do the carving. 

Get you pumpkin, make a plan and use some new and exciting ideas for this Halloween.  
Don't forget to treat your jack-o-lantern so it does not prematurely start to rot. For easy instructions, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment