Monday, December 2, 2013

Fun Holiday Party Trays

Well, we made it through Thanksgiving and now it is time to get our head wrapped around the upcoming holiday and the parties that go along with it.   Let's start planning.  What party tray will you take to the work party?  Or the kids school party?  Or what would be a good item to take to the neighbors as a little gift that everybody would love to get? 

Let's take a look at a few ideas -

This fun little wreath is so festive looking.  I found the photo but no explanation of what the tomatoes are filled with.  I think that I would use goat cheese or a combination of a soft white cheese and cream cheese.  This would be beautiful with spinach leaves also.  Think - home party or for the office.
I think this is so darn cute.  I do believe I would make this all year round, no matter the season or the weather outside.  I also believe I would use a combo of many fruits. But not so many that it takes away from the visual effects.  The kids in my family are going to love this.

Are you saying - Wants with all the fruit ?!  Well, with all the sweets that you will be offered during this time of the year, then offering some pretty and fun fruit alternative is a super idea. 
Just a little suggestion - you could add a couple little bowls of caramel to go with this arrangement.  I would use a combination of red and green apples just for the accent colors. It would sure be cute.

Enough with being healthy - let's do some sweet stuff.  The kids will love making these.  You can make your usual pan of rice crispy treat, cut them into tree shapes and decorate with any fun goodies you have.  Be sure to make the treats thick enough to press the candy canes into them.  I made one batch a bit different, and I think I really liked them.  I made them like the photo above, then I made a second pan of treats.  I cut those out, and added the second layer to the back.  I even put a little layer of peanut butter between some of them.  With the double layer, the candy cane is very secure. 
Tip - if adding the second layer, do it while they are a bit warm so you can press them together and smooth the edges. 

Check back for more ideas in the near future and get ready to party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment