Saturday, December 7, 2013

Personalized Gifts to Order Today and How To Ship

Here's a few little tips for your holiday shopping.

First - what will you be shipping?  It's great that the United States Post Office have those boxes that are flat rate for all your heavy shipping.  What if you are shipping items that are not so heavy or a bit bulky and not heavy at all?  You can order, on line, your priority boxes and labeling items, and they are free.  Go to USPS by clicking here - your boxes will arrive soon and right to your door. Most post offices don't stock the standard boxes anymore. 

What about that unique or personalized gift?  Think about it.

I have spent days, and more, attempting to find the perfect gift for that hard to shop for person.  You know that person that I am talking about.  The one that deserves something special and different and for sure odd.  When I think about, I have bought several small gifts in an attempt to fulfill my goal of the perfect gift.

 I have a lot of odd friends so I feel really lucky that I have found this site.  This is a Zazzle site that I happen to be very fond of .  Check out the store site and then some of the items that I found on it.



Anybody see the VLA in the movies? Like Contact or Transformer?  Get the shirt by clicking here.


Got a friend who is keen on recycling?  Recycle the World available here.


Love the old west?  with a bit of a twist? Perfect - purchase the apron with one simple click - Here


Who doesn't love fireworks? Especially on a great thermal mug -  bounce to the site by clicking here.

I love the spoofs.  On a mug or on a cap or maybe you will find it on a shirt, not sure tho, May The Forest Be With You is super fun -
for the mug, just go to this site - by clicking right here
or  for the hat, and actually you can apply it to any item by clicking here.


What about some great shipping tips for the holidays? Check out this info -

5 Tips for On-Time Christmas Delivery

By Kelli B. Grant

Good news for last-minute online shoppers: Many retailers have pushed back their deadlines for ordering gifts to be delivered before Christmas. But experts say shoppers shouldn't test the new limits.

Spending Guide

Free Shipping Day -- when big retailers traditionally offer a last shot at free standard shipping in time for delivery by Christmas Eve -- falls a day earlier this year, on Dec. 16. But while nearly half of retailers had their order cutoff last year on or before that day, just 28% will do so this year, according to the National Retail Federation. Of the rest, 22% promise Christmas Eve delivery for standard-shipping orders placed by Dec. 19, and another 13% for orders as late as Dec. 21

Shoppers get extra time this year because Christmas falls on a Sunday, allowing for Saturday delivery, says Vicki Cantrell, executive director of the NRF's Shop.org. Retailers have also become more efficient at processing online orders faster, she adds.

That doesn't mean consumers should wait to place their orders, retail experts say -- especially if the gift is a must-have for under the tree and can't easily be found in stores. Forrester Research expects a 15% jump in online sales this holiday season, versus the NRF's expected 2.8% jump in retail sales overall. That translates to a surge in online orders that not every retailer is well prepared for, says R.J. Hottovy, an equity analyst for Morningstar. "There's been some talk of stress on the system," he says. Smaller merchants and manufacturers selling goods directly may not have the staff to process the additional orders quickly, he says.

Here's how to make sure your gifts arrive before Santa does: Factor in processing time

Two-day shipping doesn't necessarily mean that today's order will show up in two days, says Jordy Leiser, co-founder of customer service rating site StellaService . Many stores allow themselves another day or two to process orders, so be sure to check the estimated delivery time frame in your online cart before confirming a purchase, he says. Not every store has 24/7 operations, either, so someone placing an order after 5 p.m. on a weekday or any time on a weekend may not see their order status change until the next business day.

For more tips from Kelli, bounce over to her full story at Market Watch, by clicking right here.

Clothing is so easy to package that it would seem that this would be a great choice when it close to Christmas day.   It is light weight and easy.  The smaller packages seem to make the travel across the country a bit quicker.

I think it is pretty simple to ship a piece of clothing but if you are in doubt, eHow has it down to a simple few steps.  Click to see right here to get to eHow.

What I look for at this time of the year is to find a source for my gifts that can be drop shipped directly to the recipient.   Not that I am lazy but it does eliminate half of the shipping time and the cost and stress to you.

All of these items will drop ship to friends of mine.


Yeah - I have some strange friends with a variety of interest.  
I know an old guy who biggest bragging rights are his mustache - and has been for years.  This shirt can be yours, or for a gift, by entering the web site - just click here.

And I have a family member who got me into Geocaching.  Tho she may be a bit obsessed at times, and I don't encourage that, how can I not get the perfect shirt for her? Click here to see.

I love the steam punk stuff.  But I am not one to dress the dress and act it all out, but I do enjoy a bit of the simple.  I think this shirt will be perfect.  Yep - just getting myself a shirt because I have been pretty good this year.  But - I'll switch it up to be a ladies shirt in tan.  Seems like a better choice to me. Click here to see your choices.



Martha Stewart knows more about gifting than my entire family all together.  She is amazing.  I found one site that shows some of her suggestions.  If you get in gear and grab some help from friends and family, you could still make a nice personalized gift for the giving.  

Check out her site, and see what may work for you.  


Martha has ideas for everyone and even the pets in your life. 

And just one more look at fun gifts that can be sent to your family and friends, directly from the source without any effort from you.  Now I am really sounding lazy.  

I have a lot of archer friends - this is going to be great. 

If you love the night skys and you enjoy the feel of the bow in hand, this is great,  for guys and gals both -  check it out right here - just click to go to site.

Be proud of your rack, ladies - available in a wide variety of shirt styles, colors and sizes.  Click here.

If you didn't notice - check out the iris in the eyes.  If you are an archer, you will  get it. See this item up close by going to the site directly with one quick click, right here.

Hope you don't judge me for taking advantage of the drop shipping available with these items.  I have a busy life and a busy holiday season.  Sometimes I just need a little break.  On the beach is the best for finishing those last minute gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment