Sunday, October 27, 2013

Really Last Minute Halloween Ideas

I really do push my limits sometimes.  And this is one of those times.  I have come up with just a couple of fun ideas that I really want to share.  I hope they are worth the last minute rush.


Check out these dipped and caramel apples!  First you do the basic caramel dip and then you do layers of dipping in almond bark or chocolate.  Then add sprinkles to add a bit more color.


This is so messed up!  When I first saw this pic, I thought it was some sort of fake worms or noodles.  Nope!  These are real meal worms.  I am gagging just looking at it.  Think it is real?  Well, it is being sold at the Arizona State Fair, as we speak.  Not cool to me, but still felt a need to share.

And - last of the last minute ideas is great for All Souls Day celebrations.  These cute little sugar skull cupcakes look like so much fun.  A must for me and I bet a lot of you will play with this one too.

 Is this neat or what?  I love Home Depot buckets for many uses, especially my little bucket garden.  This is a new one for me.  I will pick up some new buckets for my garden expansion and use them for Halloween decorations first.  Love it.


I know, I know, I know - this is pretty gross.  But, if you have teens in the house, there isn't a lot that is fun for them.  Especially if you are one of those houses that believes that they shouldn't trick or treat.  (I was not one of those houses.  I for one, really enjoyed seeing the creative costumes of the teens)  These hot dog fingers are absolutely perfect for any Halloween gathering involving the older kids.  Think about it - hot dogs are pretty gross to start with.  What's so bad about thinking of them as fingers?


On of my favorites just because it such an honest dessert.  Why be disturbed by the fact that you are going to cheap a bit on Halloween.  If it isn't a cupcake it will be some of the kid's candy.  After all, we gotta make sure it is all safe.  This is so simple.  A bit of dyed coconut or shredded frosting for the accent, tiny tube of decorating frosting for the writing on big Fritos or Sun Chips, and you've got this great treat for the book club gathering, the office or just about any place that adults will gather.
Funny stuff here.  

That's enough for now.  I barely touched base with caramel and dipped apples.  There are so many worth sharing but those will be in future post.  You will have to check back to see some really interesting and for sure yummy ones.

 Still looking to do some home decorating?  Interested in recycling a bit?  Check this quick and easy idea for some home decor in any color that will match you home accents.


This is perfect for Halloween and for Thanksgiving and in a different color, for Christmas or Valentines Day.  Super cute with lots of possibilities.

And again with the bottle recycling -  check this out.


I'm not sure how the designs are applies to this bottle.  It appears to be 3 dimensional with the cat on the from and the ghost and others on the inside.  I guess with long tweezers and a bit of patience, it could happen.  Battery operated rice lights ( you can order the lights on line by clicking here )would work great and I would like it better than having a cord to deal with and also allows the freedom to set this bottle anywhere you desire.  I may not get this one made by Halloween, but I may try a holiday version next month.  Hummmm.

Again with gross! This one really does gross me out.  Creative?  Yes!  But still gross.  The ribs are obvious.  The top of the head looks like bologna.  But the head?  I wonder if someone took a large canned ham type thing and did a bit of carving.  Garlic teeth, olives, pimiento and other assorted goodies for the rest?  I am not too sure.  Anybody got an idea on how this is done.  I am so ready to hear.  


Cookies is one of my favorite things to add to my diet when I am in the cheating mood.  These are cute as can be and I need cute to follow that last one.  

Looks here like a couple of chocolate chip cookies, some red frosting,  small marshmallows, and a couple of almond slivers for the fangs.  One of the things I really like is that these can be altered just a bit to make them nut free.  

I checked on line for some facts about chocolate chip cookies that are factory made in a nut free environment and it was a bit confusing.  Most places says that Chips Ahoy are safe.  Then there was a bit of controversy on that.  If all else fails, resort to making your own.  They taste better anyway.


Last of all, and I would imagine last of the year, is a unique pet costume design.  Not everyone can use this but it is fun to consider.  Check this out.


This is my all time favorite item to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment